NICK DEBNATH, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Board Certified in Otolaryngology
- Head & Neck Physician and Surgeon
- Pediatric & Adult
Medical University of South Carolina Rhinology and Allergy (2008-2009)
Washington University in St. Louis Otolaryngology (2002-2008)
Washington University in St. Louis General Surgery (2001-2002)
University of Tennessee – Doctor of Medicine (1996-2001)
Harvard University – A.B. in Biochemistry (1992-1996)
Dr. Nick Debnath is a board certified, fellowship trained rhinologist who is committed to providing advanced ENT care in a caring and compassionate environment to his patients. Dr. Debnath practices general otolaryngology and specializes in advanced nasal and sinus surgery with additional interests in allergy and minimally invasive office procedures.
A native Tennessean, Dr. Debnath completed his undergraduate degree in Biochemistry with honors at Harvard University. He then received his M.D. degree from the University of Tennessee School of Medicine. Dr. Debnath completed his residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Washington University in St. Louis where he developed an interest and passion for complex nasal, sinus and skull base disorders. He then went on to complete a rhinology fellowship with Dr. Rodney Schlosser at the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Debnath returned to Washington University and co-founded the Washington University Sinus Center. He has been in private practice with Florida Otolaryngology Group since 2015.
Dr. Debnath has been invited to lecture nationally on balloon sinus dilation and other complex surgical topics. During these meetings, he has performed both live dissections for participants and has performed live surgeries of both balloon dilation and advanced frontal sinus techniques. Dr. Debnath has published on his research endeavors, instructed and developed sinus surgery courses for residents in training, lectured extensively and has coauthored a book chapter on maxillary sinus disease.
Dr. Debnath is a Member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology (AAO-HNS), the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, the American College of Surgeons, and the American Rhinologic Society (ARS). He sees patients in both the Metrowest office as well as the Winter Park location, and he is on staff at Orlando Regional Medical Center, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, and the University Surgical Center.
Dr. Debnath also uses advanced sinus treatments and technology that have improved the quality of life for countless patients, including sublingual immunotherapy and balloon sinus dilation, a state-of-the-art sinus treatment that minimizes discomfort and maximizes recovery speed.
Dr. Debnath has been selected as one of Orlando Magazine’s Top Doctors in 2019 and 2020.
In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family and friends. His hobbies include running, cycling, and enjoying the outdoor lifestyle of Florida.
1. Harvey RJ, Sheahan PO, Debnath NI, Schlosser RJ. Trans-septal approach for extended endoscopic resections of the maxilla and infratemporal fossa. American Journal of Rhinology & Allergy. 2009; 23:426-432. PMID: 19671261
2. Harvey RJ, Debnath NI, Srubiski A, Bleier B, Schlosser RJ. Fluid residuals and drug exposure in nasal irrigation. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. 2009; 141(6):757-61. PMID: 19932850
3. Harvey RJ, Shelton W, Timperly D, Debnath NI, Byrd K, Buchman L, Gallagher R, Orlandi R, Sacks R, Schlosser RJ. Using fixed landmarks in endoscopic skull base surgery. American Journal of Rhinology & Allergy. 2010; 24:301-305. PMID: 20819470
4. Bleier BS, Debnath NI, O’Connell BP, Vandergrift WA, Palmer JN, Schlosser RJ. Preliminary study on the stability of beta-2-transferrin in extracorporeal CSF. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. 2011; 144(1): 101-3. PMID: 21493396
5. Bleier BS, Debnath NI,Harvey RJ, and Schlosser RJ. Temporospatial quantification of fluorescein-labeled sinonasal irrigation delivery. International Forum of Allergy & Rhinology. 2011; 1(5):361-365. PMID: 22287467